CIB F&BM - Markets Product Control - Analyst
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 29 Nov 2022
- 29 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Product Controller is primarily responsible for the P&L, Risk management and control of both the standard and non-standard elements of the businesses. Products include (but are not limited to):
- Futures and Options
- Structured Investments
The key responsibilities of the P&L and Risk team are:
- Production, preparation and reporting of the daily P&L and risk management information
- Understand, produce and explain daily P&L into constituent risk components; investigating any issues as needed
- Review with FO to obtain sign-off and for any ad hoc requests and queries. First point of contact for FO
- Additional liaison with other middle office areas, back office, FVP and technology development groups and point of contact for all downstream issues (e.g. Collateral, Credit, Settlements)
- Liaison with accounting control group to help investigate any issues around daily monitoring and review of the general ledger to reported P&L and month-end reporting and substantiation
- Manage projects and initiatives related to all of the above as well as larger cross-business programmes
- Be an active part of the team, coming up with ideas and suggestions for improvements etc.
Qualifications and skills:
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Pro-activity in identifying control gaps, defining resolution and taking to closure
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of derivative option products and/or commodities an advantage.
- Motivated, positive "can do" attitude.
- Influencing skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally.
- A flexible proactive approach, ability to adapt to business change.
- Finance background. Preferably qualified accountant, but not essential.
- Previous Product Control experience highly beneficial but not essential.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.