Audit Assistant Manager - Public Sector Assurance - East Anglia / Cambridge
Audit Assistant Manager – Public Sector Assurance - East Anglia / Cambridge
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
Our dedicated public sector assurance team in East Anglia operate across the whole region from bases in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and London, servicing clients in those locations, as well as Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Sussex and Surrey.
Our public sector clients include an extensive range of NHS, local and central government organisations, including the police and fire services. These vary in size, from £50 million to £2.2 billion gross expenditure per annum, and in technical complexity.
The Audit Assistant Manager works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Assistant Manager manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality. You’ll also:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS/CIPFA/ACCA Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of International Auditing Standards (IAS), IFRS, UK GAAP
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.