Controls Assurance Analyst
- Shell Business Operations
- Krakow (City)
- Not disclosed
- 29 Nov 2022
- 20 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Central Testing Excellence Team is a Team of of approx. 40 SOX Testing Specialists across all 4 Shell centers. The Controls Assurance Analyst supports CTE Teams in delivering a risk based financial control testing for majority of Shell Group, in line with group Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Financial Control guidelines.
Controls Assurance Analyst role is a great opportunity for Candidates who want to start or grow a career in SOX/internal controls audit. The role is designed to introduce and upskill talents in areas of controls assurance, risk management, and SOX attestation. Individual holding this role will become part of a global Central Testing Excellence (CTE) Team (approx. 40 Specialists), and will support the testing of internal controls effectiveness for Shell (LOD2).
Controls Assurance Analyst will continuously upskill and learn about Shell control framework and various business processes. This position offers steep learning curve and agile and inspiring learning environment.
Supporting in providing SOX testing attestation for Shell Group:
Assisting assurance senior analysts in financial control testing for both Finance Operations as well as in business including:
- Participating and documenting control process walkthrough
- Documenting samples tested
- Providing initial assessment of control design and operating effectiveness with any observations
- Working within well-defined and standardized procedures and practices and is supervised on progress and results by specialist
- Testing coverage supported includes SOX and key controls across variety of business processes; Control Owners in Finance Operations and Onshore, various Shell locations.
- Supporting the CTE Manager in ensuring financial controls are tested and walked through for SOX purposes in line with the agreed plan.
- Understanding the requirements of SOX testing by participating in trainings to be provided by assurance senior analysts and CTE manager
- Supporting other assignment and ad hoc matters as required
- Education: University degree in Finance/Accounting/Audit/Economics.
- Professional experience: 6-18 months accounting and audit experience desirable but not compulsory, fresh graduates with university degree in Audit and interested in SOX/controls assurance are welcomed to apply
- Good theoretical / practical understanding of internal and financial controls, SOX, control frameworks, risk management
- Accounting & Finance knowledge
- IT literate and solid working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Language: English fluent oral & written
- Very good communication skills
- Other personal skills highly appreciated: strong analytical skills, resilience, team player, attention to detail, professional skepticism, willingness to learn
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.