Corporate Tax Manager / Senior Manager
We are currently looking for a Manager or SeniorManagerin the Business Tax department. This is a key position based out of the London office and forms part of the wider tax service we offer our clients.
The purpose of this role is to work on the delivery of tax advice and tax advisory projects in conjunction with colleagues in London business tax as well as other teams, offices and service lines to provide an efficient and valued service. Also, to identify wider opportunities and introduce other specialists across the firm.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a key role within the Business and Corporate tax team and the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering tax advisory services across a diverse mix of owner managed companies as well as some large and international groups operating across a variety of industries.
The day to day work will include:
- Coordinating and inputting into tax due diligence work across the different areas of tax;
- Leading tax reorganisation projects – such as capital reduction and s110 demergers, to separate out different businesses and shareholders;
- Working closely with corporate finance on projects such as acquisitions/disposals and succession planning
- Advise on structuring relevant to the EIS/SEIS scheme and managing the assurance process;
- Advise on the tax elements of equity incentivisation, such as the EMI option scheme
- Broad knowledge of other tax areas which are dealt with by other specialist teams, such as VAT and R and D;
- Proactively involved in networking, proposals and growing the corporate tax portfolio in London
- Reviewing complex tax returns where required, or advising on specific technical matters in tax computations
- Identifying opportunities for tax planning, risk mitigation and cross-selling between service lines to ensure clients receive a proactive and effective service;
- Assisting with any other ad hoc projects and duties as may reasonably be required;
- Training and mentoring junior colleagues within the Business Tax Team
- Ensuring the Firm’s technical, ethical, risk and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Considering international tax aspects and coordinating advice from international advisors where required
The successful candidate will be expected to act largely autonomously, subject to support and oversight, as required, by the office’s tax partners.
Relationship management will be a key aspect of the role and the candidate will be expected to contribute to effective team working as part of the management team, responsible for coordinating directly with clients, collaborating effectively with colleagues as well coaching, managing, mentoring and appraising junior team members.
The tax profession is subject to constant change and evolution and finding new and better ways to work, adapting to accommodate and embrace technological development is essential. In addition to client facing responsibilities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in internal initiatives to drive positive change and contribute to the advancement of the firm’s business and corporation tax strategy, processes and marketing initiatives.
- Experience of working with corporate clients and managing compliance processes at a manager or senior manager level.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and/or CIOT qualified tax adviser with at least two years post qualified experience in a tax related role
- Corporate tax technical and practical knowledge
- Good knowledge of tax issues affecting OMB’s and their shareholders
- Knowledge of other business taxes and tax reporting processes is preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of UK accounting standards and competent in interpreting accounts and other financial information
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Travel between UK offices and to UK client premises may be required
Our focus at Menzies is providing a#BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinkingis how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients' businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware that we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. Please do not contact individual hiring managers.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.