Associate - Credit Debt Collection (Thai)
Where you fit
- This role will have an exposure to business leaders and third party customers. The role requires high level of negotiation skills and involves maximizing commercial opportunities whilst taking acceptable risks.
- This will require creating very good working relationships with the local Credit Team, OTC, Sales and other FO business partners.
- Having the ability of meeting with the customers to discuss a range of issues but still maintain a solid relationship wherever possible
What’s the role?
- Responsible for performing debt collection activities for Shell operating units under Finance Operations Thailand OU
- Responsible for ensuring that customer debts are collected in line with contracted payment terms and in accordance with Downstream Credit Manual and Operations Credit Manual for Thailand
- Adhere to the escalation process in carrying out the debt collection activities
- Responsible for managing release of credit blocked orders
- Maintain and foster good working relationships with Sales, the business and with relevant FO business partners.
- Perform dispute initiation and monitoring of resolution in accordance with the defined SLA
- Handle customer queries as well as that of the Customer Service Center
- Coordinate with Sales and the business account reviews on assigned portfolio
- Investigate payment discrepancy reason if the customer fails to provide it in their remittance data.
- Negotiate refinancing of overdue debts
- Recommend and suggest for credit line changes
- Contribute ideas on process enhancements/improvement
- Shows willingness to accept responsibilities assigned and in fact displays eagerness to succeed
- Identified excellence by objective results, trainers assessments, and management evaluation
- Handles complex accounts and knows the end to end of the process
- Has good communication skills and maximizes this to deliver above average performance in debt collections
- Able to speak, read and write in Thai Language
- Degree in Accounting or any related Finance/Business course
- With 1-2 years relevant working experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in performing call outs and other collection efforts to third party customers
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.