Risk and Control Senior Analyst
Join our expanding Citi Finance Team in Budapest and make your own progress in a supportive and friendly environment!
We are a people-oriented organization that appreciates and promotes personal and professional aspirations. Our corporate culture is empathic: we acknowledge life-work balance throughout your career path.
Local Regulatory Reporting Analyst
Citi has an extensive presence across the EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) region. Each Citi entity and country presence is subject to regulatory oversight. The Local Regulatory Reporting team within Finance Controllers aims to deliver timely, accurate and insightful statistical, financial and prudential information to all of Citi’s regulators.
In line with Citi’s strategy to centralize, standardize and strengthen its processes, a large portion of EMEA reporting tasks are now placed in Citi’s Budapest CSC (Citi Solution Center), where 300+ professionals support the production of local regulatory returns for over 45 regulators.
This is your opportunity to join the CSC’s Risk and Control Unit. We drive control improvement and standardization initiatives, we are responsible for delivering independent assurance over control design, perform targeted control reviews, ongoing control monitoring. Our team supports Internal Audit reviews, manages control review calls and control escalation forums, prepares control guidelines and trainings.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Perform substantive testing of control performance by other teams.
- Produce reports on key performance indicators, maintain department-wide inventories such as the report submission calendar.
- Work with our stakeholders to perform root-cause analysis of control related failures identified through testing and storyboard those in order to articulate the reasons and corrective action proposals towards management.
- Actively participate in the creation of, and then operate a comprehensive Management Control Effectiveness Assessment Dashboard, where Key Performance Indicators are collected, assessed and reported monthly.
- Execute various other recurring control monitoring processes (serve as a back-up for other team members).
- Exploit a collaborative and motivating attitude to join forces with colleagues for excellent results
- Benefit from your organized personality, attention to details and independent working style
- Use your experience and knowledge to drive and contribute to outstanding team performance
This job can be part time or full time, 30-40 hrs, based on the preference of the candidate selected.
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- Be precise with strong attention to details and have a control focused mind-set.
- Have experience in interpreting and applying internal policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and complete tasks within pre-agreed deadlines.
- Superior MS Excel skills; other digital tools notably Power BI, KNIME, MS SharePoint is an advantage.
- Possess excellent command of English, both written and oral.
- Demonstrate great interpersonal skills, be ready to build your professional network across a large department.
- Own a higher finance degree and 4 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant professional (part) qualifications (such as ACCA) and/or prior work experience in local regulatory reporting, internal/external audit or other risk and control type role are considered to be a plus.
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- Get to engage with a large number of people from different countries, backgrounds, functions and levels of seniority.
- Gain thorough understanding of risk and control related activities in a large and complex organization.
- Benefit from flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life - work balance.
- Enjoy Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders.
- Get opportunities for participation in managerial development initiatives.
- Be part of an inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized.
- Join a socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities.
- Competitive compensation package
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.