Senior Consultant - Prudential & Financial Risk - Financial Stability
- London, UK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 28 Nov 2022
- 28 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Senior Consultant – Prudential & Financial Risk - Financial Stability Team (FSO)
EY is currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Financial Stability Team within the Prudential and Financial Risk competency. In this role you will have opportunities to develop your skills by working on high-profile projects within Banking and Capital Markets, including the Challenger Bank sector. Our engagements typically require us to provide advice on complex issues to senior clients. This is achieved through qualitative analysis of financial and operational information, interpretation of regulation leveraging EY’s knowledge and active stakeholder management. You will also actively contribute to internal initiatives. In line with our commitment to quality, you will assist in driving projects to completion and help to ensure that work is of a high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
As a member of the UK Financial Stability Team, you will be working at the forefront of the latest changes to UK and international financial regulation (Bank of England, FCA ECB, EBA, SRB etc.) delivering solutions to our clients and researching the latest regulatory, political and industry thinking on how institutions must adapt to the changing regulatory landscape – e.g. capital and liquidity management, regulatory reporting, RRP etc.
Our team is composed of experienced consultants including former regulators and industry practitioners. The team is a leader in the market and offers unique opportunities for career development.
Your Key Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join a growing team at Senior Consultant level and be involved in the following activities:
- Deliver FS Risk projects to the highest quality standards
- Work effectively in a team by showing initiative, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients and internal personnel
- Anticipate and identify risks and raise issues with senior members of the team
- Build strong internal relationships within Business and Technology Consulting and the wider EY firm
- Participate in internal campaigns and go-to-market solution development
- Help to create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members, helping them develop
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with clients and internally
- Strong written communication skills, including report writing and documentation
- Highly organised team player with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Project management and report writing experience
- Keen desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative / qualitative skills
- Ability to learn quickly and on the job on a variety of topics
- Detail oriented and ability to produce high quality work to support an engagement team
- Desire to learn and develop and take on feedback from senior stakeholders and clients
- Demonstrate interest in the changing financial services landscape
- Strong academic background including a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or a related field (or demonstrate aptitude for working in a technical environment through experience in treasury / finance function at a Bank or regulator)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- An accounting, risk management or similar (CFA, ACCA, FRM, etc.) professional qualification may be an advantage
- Previous consulting experience would be ideal, but is not essential
- Previous experience within the Risk or Treasury or regulatory reporting team in a bank or investment firm
- Previous experience at the Bank of England, FCA or other regulatory bodies
- Experience in or exposure to any the following: Stress testing; Capital planning; Credit risk management; ICAAP or ILAAP or Recovery Plan production; Prudential Regulatory reporting; Market risk management; Asset and liability management; Interest Rate in the Banking Book; Treasury; Climate Risk; Banking or asset management industry with products knowledge
What we look for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That’s naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You’ll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you’ve got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.