Financial Controlling Lead | Corporate | UAE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Maintain a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve accounting processes and manage business risks through financial compliance.
Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
Ensure that the business activities are conducted in accordance with the Financial Control Models (FCM), and you also support the definition of local financial policies and ensure that the adherence to both local and global reporting standard are controlled.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Create and ensure compliance with operational accounting policies
- Advise the Senior Financial Controller on existing and evolving operating/financial issues
- Responsible for all accounting processes, and standard operating procedures
- Perform effective training and management on the accounting procedures
- Implement compliance with Transfer pricing transactions
- Responsible for maintaining the chart of accounts and effectively communicate any changes being made / new accounts being opened with the purpose of use
- Responsible for Document retention compliance in all geographies
- Managing the impairment workings activities during HY and YE audits
- Perform spot cash counts / inventory write off reviews from a Financial control element
- Ensure all Internal Audit reports are tracked, responded to and recommendations are implemented in conjunction with the Operational P&C Team
- Assist in the development of a centralized process for the management of Retail Insurance and ensure risks are adequately covered and maintained
- Issue yearly insurance guidance in advance with the latest requirements to ensure compliance
Balance Sheet reviews
- Complete random audits of workflow to ensure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized and executed
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reviews are conducted
- Support the streamlining of finance process through automation where possible
Required Skills to be successful:
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- PC skills
- Analysis and troubleshooting
- Strong technical account knowledge and audit experience needed
- Solid experience in International Financial Accounting Standards (IFRS).
- Understanding of internal controls
- Understanding of System governance (especially in SAP)
- Individual Accountability
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Personal Integrity
- Strong analytical skills & problem solving skills
- Ability to follow-up on outstanding issues
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage time & work under pressure
- Readiness to persevere with difficult tasks
- Ability to be assertive without being aggressive
- Able to focus and drive tasks to completion
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor Degree (Masters Preferred)
- CA qualified preferred
- 6-7 years’ experience in Finance Controlling
- Qualified Finance accountant
- Proven ability to achieve goals.
- Thinking and Analytical Skills.
- Business Acumen
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking
- Good communication skills
- Excellent relationship skills
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.