Manager, Transaction Accounting Advisory Services (TAAS)
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Transaction Accounting Advisory Services (TAAS) team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll collaborate on a range of technical projects, such as new accounting standard implementation, complex transaction accounting, initial public offering (IPO) readiness, expert witness reporting, as well as providing general support to MNP’s Public Companies team.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation for clients
- Identify accounting issues within contracts and agreements
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams
- Deliver expert industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high quality deliverables
- Accountable for project financials (i.e., budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business and key risks; ensure their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies, where applicable
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events including client and company sponsored functions
- Network in the local business community and consider business development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and addressing performance issues promptly
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience working with, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.