Digibank Malaysia Project - Head, Internal Audit
Get to know our Digital Bank Team:
Grab is leading a consortium for Digital Bank license and build a bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. We have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. If you have what it takes, help build our new Digibank with us.
Get to know our Team:
- Internal Audit is an independent function within the Bank that provides an objective assurance and advisory role to senior management and Board of Directors
- We use a systematic, disciplined risk-based approach to evaluate and assess risks, processes and internal controls, while aligning them to the Bank’s overall digital strategy.
- Internal Audit covers multiple businesses and technology functions within the Bank.
Get to know the Role:
- As the Head of Audit, you are primarily responsible to effectively manage all audits and risk advisory activities that cover the associated risks arising from the activities of the Digital Bank.
- Implement standards for all Internal Audit activities to ensure consistency of quality and compliance to BNM standards
- We seek a candidate who brings excellent audit and risk advisory experience to lead this role, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Undertake special investigations, audits and ad hoc projects at the request oft he Audit Committee or Management to provide insights and solutions on cases raised.
- You effectively plan, manage and execute audits, including the design of audit work steps to evaluate the risks associated with governance, financial, operational, regulatory, and business continuity.
- To drive the audit framework as well as continuous review and improvements.
- Lead the audits in the Digital Bank, focusing on all risks arising from the activities of the Bank.
- Plan and perform risk-based assessments, understand and evaluate the business environment, related controls and processes.
- Review draft/ final report and participate in the presentation of audit findings.
- Develop and maintain business relations with the Audit Committee, senior leaders, external audit, BNM and other regulatory bodies, and be the trusted risk advisor on control related matters.
- Report to Audit Committee on the status and results of significant audit findings.
- Engage senior leaders in the development and execution of strategic initiatives.
The must haves:
- A recognised Accounting/ Finance degree, ACCA, CPA is highly desirable.
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Min 20 years of audit and risk advisory experience.
- Located in Malaysia
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards, and has strong relationships with private sector counterparts.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units, and the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate the Internal Audit team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to construct and deliver clear presentations to the Audit Committee, senior leaders, external audit, BNM and other regulatory bodies.
- Well-developed communication skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences.
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact.
- Superb presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects.
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments.
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented.
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business.
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.