Senior Accountant Entity Controller #218171
Your field of responsibility
A significant role as Senior Accountant Entity Controller for Credit Suisse's US based operating entities which involves:
- Review of month end accounting journal entries across different products (e.g. Derivatives, Repos, Stock loan Borrow etc.) impacting external Financial Reporting for IHC Entities and Regulatory Reporting to the Fed Reserve Bank and FINRA
- Acting as first point of contact for legal entity accounting issues/matters and acting as a financial controller for list of entities assigned
- Responsibility for various disclosure reporting requirements for these entities from a head office, financial statement and regulatory reporting perspective under USGAAP
- Responsibility for compliance with GAAP, SEC and regulatory requirements
- Exposure to new business activities, new accounting policies, and new regulatory regulations in the disclosure accounting area
- Development of business knowledge of entities and preparation/presentation to management of commentaries on financial statement analytics
- Opportunities to identify innovative improvements to improve efficiencies and controls around assigned tasks
- Providing business requirements in support of infrastructure updates due to changes in accounting requirements as a result of new/revised regulations or GAAP
- Acting as teammate and self-learner involved in continuous research and problem solving, with a keen eye for details and efficient work output
- Managing relationships with CS management in New York, Zurich and Pune and other CS departments (e.g. Operations, Product Control), and liaison as necessary with external business partners (auditors, regulators and the SEC)
- Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook
Your future colleagues
Financial Accounting (FA) is a globally distributed team responsible for the core accounting and financial statement disclosure reporting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The FA Americas team based in Raleigh is a powerful team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis/presentation, disclosure reporting, financial statement preparation and regulatory reporting for Credit Suisse’s US Intermediate Holding Company and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse’s New York and Cayman Branches. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Remote Working? Yes
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.Your skills and experience
We are looking for highly motivated applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in or relating to Finance and 4+ years of experience (qualified CPA and/or experience in Banking or Financial Services is a plus)
- Proven experience with US GAAP reporting requirements
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and has ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Self-starter with a positive and high-energy approach
- Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Detailed understanding of basic accounting principles and proven ability to easily navigate through and work with voluminous spreadsheets
- Show initiative with dedication to learn, and to multi-task while meeting timeline
- Demonstrate proactive approach to understanding and upholding high standards of control
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value varied perspectives
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
All Credit Suisse employees in the USA must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date, except where exempted by applicable law.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.