EY Ford Rhodes: Consultant - Business Consulting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY Ford Rhodes Chartered Accountants is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
The Opportunity: your next adventure awaits!
You would be responsible for executing client engagements under supervision and guidance of your seniors. This means you would be playing a key role in teams: conducting client interviews, understanding the client’s environment, working on the deliverables(reports/work papers) and helping to draft recommendations. In this role you would be required to be inquisitive, analytical, ambitious and great at working with people. You'll need to be a good team player and demonstrate the potential to become a future business leader. You'll need to be prepared to challenge us, to act on your own initiative and to make an impact on our teams and clients from day one.
To reinforce our Internal Audit, Controls, and Compliance team within our Business Consulting Team, we are currently looking for Consultants for our Lahore office.
- Participate in the design and execution of risk management projects, with tasks ranging from identifying, assessing, measuring, implementing, and enhancing the risk culture of clients.
- Develop recommendations and solutions to our clients for transforming risk management and mitigating areas of risk.
- Conduct internal audit activities at our major local clients, e.g. participate in annual risk assessment, develop internal audit plan, conduct internal audits.
- Understand complex business environments, solution designs.
- Support the execution of EY's global methodologies by interpreting and implementing them in the context of local engagements.
- Ensuring high quality in client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork and informing supervisors of engagement status.
- Communicate issues to the engagement team through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
- Collaborating with members of the engagement team to plan engagements and develop work programs, risk assessments, and planning documents. This will include taking ownership of tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve on approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision.
- Attending L&D programs and exhibit through knowledge of advisory methodology and consulting attributes.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- ACCA Affiliation with 0-1 year’s experience.
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems.
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Critical thinking, strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness totravel as per business needs(including to remote areas)
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box / innovate. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What We Offer:
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo. Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.