Finance Projects Analyst
At Next we have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Finance Department of a large FTSE100 company as a Finance Projects Analyst. You would be responsible for delivering business change at the forefront. The position operates a 36 hour hybrid working model, where you will work 2-3 days onsite and remotely for the rest of the week. You will assist the Finance Project Manager on, but not limited to, scoping business requirements, in depth data analysis, facilitating cross functional collaboration, end user testing, overseeing scheduled deployments and producing comprehensive documentation.
- Support the Finance Project Manager with all aspects of project governance, in flight project management and deployment, under an Agile methodology.
- Proactively drive progress across assigned projects and workstreams, ensuring adherence to the Agile project lifecycle.
- Actively monitor and escalate impacts to project deliverables, working with stakeholders to manage changes in requirements throughout the feasibility and foundations stages and continuously review backlog priorities across projects.
- Capture and escalate identified risks and issues to project deliveries, working with senior Finance Managers and Directors to manage and mitigate risks to project delivery.
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance, Systems and the wider business teams to ensure requirements are understood and key milestones are achieved.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to document the current and to be Finance processes.
- Liaise with various business stakeholders to investigate data gaps, analyse data flow and support the iterative development of final solutions.
- Review KPIs across current and to be processes, analysing output data to produce insightful comparisons and justify project benefits.
- Workshop and meeting facilitation, ensuring decisions and actions are recorded and communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the Finance Projects Team with assigned actions to support all pipeline projects remaining on track for delivery.
- Good work ethics and high standards of professional integrity.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Google Drive applications.
- Experience delivering project requirements, although project management training is not essential.
- Experience in financial processes, preferably across all Finance areas.
- Experience in producing audit level documentation for review and training.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good time management with experience in handling multiple tasks within various work streams.
- Proactive attitude with the ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Ability to continuously monitor and set priorities, focusing on meeting deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience in SQL Coding.
- Experience using Databricks.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.