Senior Accountant, Transaction Accounting Advisory Services (TAAS)
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Transaction Accounting Advisory Services (TAAS) team as a Senior Accountant. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll collaborate on a range of technical projects, such as new accounting standard implementation, complex transaction accounting, initial public offering (IPO) readiness, expert witness reporting, as well as providing general support to MNP’s Public Companies team.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation for clients
- Identify accounting issues within contracts and agreements
- Prepare financial statements and corresponding notes
- Apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Clearly document evidence from testing and conclusions made
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.