Fund Accounting & Administration - Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units and external clients as needed to ensure all shareholder reporting is accurately delivered per agreed up production calendars.
What you will be responsible for
- Prepares and performs 1st level reviews on client financial statements, NPORT Part F, Form N-MFP, processes and clears comments and assists with draft and support distribution to client and auditors, ensuring that all deliverables are completed accurately and within agreed upon time.
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision.
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues.
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required.
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies with other Shared Service teams, external clients and Client Operations as needed.
- Ensure all inquiries are resolved in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary.
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department.
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes.
- Assist with workflow management and technology enhancement, make suggestions to streamline operations.
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed.
- Train, develop and motivate new staff and complete performance appraisals.
- Provide staffing recommendations by interviewing new personnel and Coordinate and supervise work efforts when multiple Associates are needed to complete work.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development.
- Has accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering PPRs on time
Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment.
- Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses. During normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Perform duties of Associates if required, perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties of Associates if required, perform other duties as assigned
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Finance +3 years relevant work experience or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.