Senior Accountant, International Corporate Tax
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our International Corporate Tax team as a Senior Accountant. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll develop innovative strategies that enable clients to streamline processes, maximize efficiencies and minimize global tax liability while meeting their international reporting requirements.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Conduct international corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, worldwide tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues for Canadian entities carrying on business in foreign countries
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex offshore tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high quality deliverables
- Assist organizations in determining the most effective corporate structure from a tax perspective in different countries; as well as assisting clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing
- Assist in performing due diligence or modeling with respect to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of international subsidiaries, partnerships or business operations
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.)
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business, key risks and identifying ways to maximize client relationships and deliver added value
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Lead engagement teams, developing effective relationships with clients while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Completion of, or working towards, a CPA designation; completion of the CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements will also be considered
- 2 to 4 years of relevant public accounting or tax experience
- Experience working within U.S. or international personal, partnership, trust and corporate tax within public practice is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.