Senior CI Portfolio Lead
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to the next phase of the Finance Continuous Improvement (CI) journey aimed at growing CI capability, delivery and mindset in Finance. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to make a real difference by improving performance and embedding a CI culture.
Where does it fit in?
As a Centre of Expertise for the function, Finance Operations (FO) also supports the wider CI deployment in Finance, either through dedicated CI specialists or via support of CI teams within the Business. The CI organization is one pillar of the Operational Excellence organisation. CI Finance comprises ~50 CI Specialists who are assigned to specific CI deployments (Process or Functional Treasury/Tax) with a small central team responsible for management of the CI Standard Ways of Working, CI Competence and CI Learning Curriculum and a team of ~30 developers and specialists supporting FO in deploying Smart Automation tool sets to drive their digital ambition.
As Senior CI Portfolio Lead, the role will support Finance Function in achieving the delivery of their Continuous Improvement programme to improve key metrics performance, generate bottom line value savings and add business value. In line with the CI vision of:
Teaching to fish:
- Equipping teams with the right behaviours and skillset to drive CI everyday
- Train & Coach on improvement project delivery, including Lean Sigma, Change Management, and Agile
- Train & Coach on CI Ways of Working to leaders
- Build a working understanding of CI through training of staff at all levels
- Embed CI Standard Ways of Working (CI WoW) as a key component of the FO Management System
Finance CI staff as change agents
- CI leading complex change
- Help sponsors develop & implement an effective CI deployment strategy including Smart Automation (SA) opportunities aligned with business strategy
- Lead complex change initiatives that require greater change management experience & skills
- Role model CI Ways of Working
Finance CI as integrator:
- Integrating the components of Operational Excellence
- Share best practices & enable replication
- Connect interdependent processes systems, data & people to deliver End-to-End improvement
- Promote coordinated CI deployments in Shell by leveraging on CI networks
- Facilitate development of a common agenda (including digitization) through Integrated Process Plans
What's the role?
- Subject Matter Expert on Lean Sigma and Change Management methodologies, to coach and train Finance staff, at all levels, on the use of these methodologies to deliver projects and to cultivate the continuous improvement mindset.
- Deploy Digital Transformation solutions alongside Process Teams and coordination with SA and IT teams, and own and apply the Agile and Design Thinking methodologies.
- Develop credible trust-based relationships and work closely with key senior stakeholders across Finance to define process improvement priorities and to create a strong continuous improvement culture. Work with Operations Teams to identify improvement needs and take the initiative while ensuring the usage of the correct approach and selection / prioritization criteria. Drive the appropriate annual Strategy Deployment exercise to align goal setting across various levels of the organization.
- Ensure effective quality processes are adhered to and appropriate tools and processes are being used to drive Continuous Improvement, adopting Fit4 Ways of Working and principles such as Customer/User Centricity, Transformational Change, and Agile.
- Manage and mentor CI Practitioners in Finance.
- Define, scope and lead process improvement projects in alignment with overall CI Finance strategy and business priorities.
- Own the outcome of rigorous, auditable control plans and measurements to drive sustained process improvements for projects under supervision.
What do we need from you?
- Ideally Certified Lean Sigma Black Be< GB or CIP certification is an advantage.
- Minimum University degree, with substantial work experience.
- Strong background in process improvement and ability to deliver significant business results. Experience in delivering change management (e.g. AIM, TiC methodologies) and/or digital transformation projects using Agile is an advantage.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and coaching/mentoring activities.
- Strong team working skills with the ability to influence and motivate large diverse teams including virtually to embrace and deliver sustained operational improvement.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- The role involves extensive interactions with various stakeholders and therefore requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect.
- Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects; Change Agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and possess demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Customer-centric mindset and work style
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpretive and presentation skills; able to synthesize complex information and prepare concise, compelling presentations.
- Demonstrated strong process, project management, and change management skills.
- Learner Mindset and ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment and emerging trends.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.