Junior Cost Controller
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Junior Cost Controller to join our team in Water Orton, Birmingham.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Balfour Beatty Vinci in the delivery of Europe's largest major infrastructure project.
We are currently looking to recruit an Junior Cost Controller as part of our tunnelling team in what is the most unique, challenging and exciting part of the project.
What We Can Offer You:
Joining the countries largest infrastructure project there are a whole host of opportunities to develop, progress and gain experience that will last a lifetime.
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do and as such we realise they are the reason we are able to achieve the performance expected from our clients.
In addition to a competitive base salary, we can also offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Company Pension scheme;
- Share Scheme opportunities;
- Competitive annual leave;
- Flexible Benefits;
- Flexible Working.
What you'll be doing
- Prepares sublots budget with site management;
- Ensures adequate coding of all recorded expenses;
- On a weekly basis review labour and plant reports;
- Collects main quantities and work site progress from other departments (QS, Design and Construction) and generates earned value;
- Ensures with Financial Department all costs and accruals are recorded during the month closing;
- Participates to the monthly cost report issuance with the preparation of the Cost Value Reconciliation Report (CVR);
- Conducts analysis between earned value and planned value;
- Conducts analysis on CVR variances: Self-Delivery Analysis (outputs, manhours, rates, quantities, machine efficiencies) and Subcontracted works (coordinates with QS adequate analysis of the main changes (quantities, rates, CEs);
- Prepares end of site trend/Rolling Forecast;
- Maintains monitoring systems for all cost indicators, targets and standards management & performances requested;
- Prepares Ad hoc analysis of costs, scenarios, efficiencies, if & when requested;
- Alerts management on budget variations and proposes improvement axis & actions plans to prevent recurring variations;
- Alert management for all irregularities detected
Who we're looking for
- Relevant experience gained within a contracting/projects environment is preferable but not essential, ideally as a Project Cost Accountant or Project Cost Controller;
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting;
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills;
- They will be a self-starter, highly motivated, energetic and dedicated, with a strong track record of promotion in the organisations that they have worked in;
- The role may require some travel, but will be predominantly based in Site offices
Why work for us
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering several significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.