Regulatory Controllers Governance
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- The chance to work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into our business
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for annual bonus, a 16-week paternity leave, fully funded sport pass, health care plan and Firm contribution to voluntary pension fund – we invest in your future
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings, financial and study-leave support for selected professional qualifications (CFA, ACCA, FRM)
- A supportive, vibrant, and open-minded multinational environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
Reporting to the US Governance and Control Lead in Budapest, the main responsibilities are:
- Assist in coordination, preparation, response, and issue management across Regulatory Exams and Internal 2nd and 3rd line reviews.
- Maintain KRI metrics to measure risk profile, drive risk mitigation, and generate efficiencies
- Participating in drive Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) for Global Regulatory Controllers and Integrated Services
- Partner with Regulatory control teams to assess and mitigate risks.
- Monitor completion of regulatory attestations for 40 Regulatory Reports and provide SME/support to data and control attesters
- Maintain regulatory reporting inventory and annual certifications
- Implement control and attestation framework amendments in response to evolving regulatory requirements, risk mitigation, process automation, data sourcing, and acquisition integration
- Maintain KPI metrics and prepare materials to support monthly Integrated Services governance meetings and drive resolution of issues raised
- Update compliance documentation based on changes to global supervision model
- Track Regulatory Reporting training agenda
- Ensure development and timely update of regulatory reporting policies and procedures
- Supporting resolution and timely/sufficient closure of Issues and Action plans.
- Update End User Computing Inventory and associated use classification
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in Regulatory risk and controls at an international banking environment or at Consultancy Firms supporting the financial industry in regulatory risk and control matters
- Strong understanding of internal controls
- Ability to design and maintain reporting to drive key initiatives
- Experience in assessing risk and establishing effective controls
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint user
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact well with others at all levels and drive objectives
- Ability to handle and resolve challenges and problems
The Regulatory Controllers Team is globally responsible for managing standardized credit and market risk RWA (Risk Weighted Asset) calculations and related internal management reporting to support senior stakeholders and Morgan Stanley`s Business Units in their decision making process. The group liaises with the global Regulatory Controllers team in New York, London and Frankfurt as well as with other Finance teams globally.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.