Assurance, Intern - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Fin Svcs), Singapore (Summer 2022)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that leverage analytics, automation, and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
The Financial Instruments Valuation team supports Assurance teams in Singapore with independent valuation assessment and quantitative analysis on various financial instruments. We leverage on sophisticated financial engineering techniques to assist clients in understanding and valuing vanilla derivatives and other complex securities, for financial reporting, risk management and regulatory compliance purposes.
The services we provided within EY cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations for internal and external clients in various asset classes (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Interest Rate, Credit, etc) and industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, REITS, internet-based firms, etc).
The intern may:
- Get involved in discussions on valuation tasks, to understand the objective of the work, key tasks to be performed, and the expected deliverables.
- Comprehend the mechanics behind the financial instruments, the valuation approach, and various key parameters influencing the valuation outcome.
- Leverage on the EY’s financial instruments pricing system, such as Thomson Reuters, CapitalIQ, and Numerix, to assist with completion of tasks on-hand.
- Initiate self-learning and constantly seek feedback and guidance from senior team members on the practical considerations in performing the valuation.
- Execute the assigned tasks on hand and regularly update your supervisor or senior members on the progress.
- Communicate issues and/or findingss encountered along the project and sharing ideas or solutions to other team members
- Document the apporach the methodology adopted in the assessment, the explanation behind the assumptions adopted, the assessment results, and the findings on the assessment.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to quantitative finance, financial engineering, finance, statistics, mathematical finance, engineering or equivalent.
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in financial instruments valuation surrounding venture capitalist and private equity industries and programming skill and demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one the financial engineering package, namely Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Numerix, Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of derivatives products, financial instruments and valuation modelling and credit risk modelling with interest in data analysis/visualization platform (e.g. Matlab, Spotfire, Alteryx, R, SQL).
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.