Business Manager for Valuation Control Group - VP
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 28 Nov 2022
- 28 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Global Finance & Business Management (GF&BM) is seeking a Business Manager at Senior Associate / Vice President level based in London to support the Firmwide Valuation Control Group function of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group within Finance whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the firm’s risk portfolios are fair-valued. The group sets independent pricing and valuation adjustments policies, executes & generates results, and then works with Trading to remediate and prevent issues on an ongoing basis. VCG also works to identify and control potential valuation risk concentrations, uncertainty in pricing inputs, and valuation model uncertainty.
The role reports to the Global Head of Business Manager for Valuation Control Group, who will be based in New York, and will involve working closely with the EMEA as well as the Global Valuation Control Group (“VCG”) team.
Main aspects of the role:
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the business head in region (EMEA VCG Head) and to other Management Team members in the region
- Executes strategic initiatives across the region, which includes:
- Driving an extensive, highly demanding and time sensitive regulatory agenda in the region due to presence of 2 regulators, European Central Bank (ECB) and PRA (Prudential Regulation Authority)
- Strengthening the control environment – working closely with Finance Control Management team (in the region & globally) to identify and escalate any control gaps to Senior Management, work together with control managers to help with LOB wide implementation of a solution to mitigate risk
- Partners with Global VCG Business Management Team supporting Valuation Control Group
- Provides inputs on key priorities for the VCG BM team in the region
- Proactively drives strategic change management and issue resolution; positively and creatively influences change
- Identifies and implements effective project management
- Encourages efficiency and automation
- Promotes a control environment - identify, escalate, and mitigate risks and control gaps
- Executes with discipline and excellence
- Communicates complex concepts in a digestible manner
- Cultivates partnerships and proven ability to lead by influence
- Provides insight to management via data analysis, and shines light on issues that could impact the business at large
- Identifies and implements process improvements, and encourages efficiency and automation across BAU reporting or ad-hoc deliverables
In addition, the business manager is expected to embrace the wider Global Finance & Business Management agenda and promote JPMorgan Chase & Co. values and culture.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Self-starter who is proactive in taking the initiative with minimalistic guidance
- Thrives on challenges in an unstructured working environment
- Effectively prioritizes demands and workload; high capacity for work under tight deadlines; can manage multiple parallel requests for attention / action
- Digests large quantities of data and facts into thematic story for senior management
- Relevant of experience in an Accounting, Finance and Project Management roles
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of various functions like Valuation Controls, Financial controls & reporting preferred
- Successful candidate will also possess a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Pitch Pro
- Strong aptitude to work under pressure and still be able to multi-task, prioritize and communicate quickly and clearly a concise story to management is key to be effective in this role
- Business Management or Program / Project Management experience a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.