Stat & Tax Accountant (1 Year Contract)
- Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Market-competitive pay and benefits
- 28 Nov 2022
- 28 Dec 2022
- JR - 083881
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant, Tax
- Healthcare, Pharmaceutical / medical
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- This role is part of Regional Controlling organization and is critical in ensuring compliance with VAT regulations and US GAAP requirements for VAT accounting.
- The role requires understanding of complex VAT and accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams.
- As part of the regional VAT team, ensure compliance with VAT requirements in countries in scope.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings of VAT returns, as well as VAT related reporting.
- Support VAT related internal and external audits and, if necessary, work with the regional tax team on preparing audit defense strategy.
- Support responses to ad-hoc VAT related questions from local authorities and other departments.
- Monitor indirect tax legislation and its impact on the organization and processes for entities in scope.
- Leverage strong relationships with other finance and non-finance teams, as well as external providers, to support VAT process compliance and process improvements.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Support local, regional, and global projects, as required; provide financial expertise in such projects.
- Be an activate advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in JDE, Blackline and W-Desk is an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holidays
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Proven experience in indirect taxes.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English. Mandarin speaker is added advantage.
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.