Interim Payroll Specialist
Our client is looking for a Interim Payroll Specialist to join their Accountancy team in Surrey
Our client a well know & growing organisation based in Surrey are looking for an Interim Payroll Specialist to join their Accountancy team
Interim Payroll Specialist - Surrey
- To manage the payroll processing of all 5 UK payrolls, ensuring all payroll information is collated, processed accurately and on time, as well as supporting the payroll processing of the 2 International Payrolls.
- To maintain expert knowledge of payroll & pension legislation to provide advice, guidance, and support to all stakeholders.
- To manage the payroll e-mail inbox and be first point of contact for complex queries and manual calculations.
- To support the Pay & Benefits Manager in completing all statutory returns within deadlines including but not limited to P11d or equivalent, RTI and apprenticeship levy controls.
- To supervise the daily tasks of the Pay & Benefits Coordinator and Payroll Apprentice, act as role model to mentor and ensure they acquire the necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with business needs. To assist in monitoring their workload and carrying out due diligence checks.
- To monitor and update the Finance system with payroll information relating to budget and annual reporting. To analyse and review monthly & quarterly payroll account reconciliations to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- To continually identify and be responsible for the implementation of areas for improvement both in processes and the payroll system to ensure that it meets the needs of the business and its users. To escalate potential services issues and propose solutions to the Pay & Benefits Manager.
- To lead the administration of the company pension and benefit schemes and ensure procedures are in line with current legislation.
- To review and update all payroll policies, procedures, and guides, in line with business and statutory legislation changes.
- To configure, develop and test the iTrent HR and Payroll system to automate and streamline processes and to carry out regular UAT upgrades to identify and resolve potential issues.
- To create and update payroll related Business Objects reports, iTrent workflows, function access, payroll element and time & expense templates and carry out system administration related tasks including updating payment tables.
- To lead on providing reports and analysis on payroll and benefits costs to management as required and to facilitate decision making.
- To conduct regular data analysis checks to ensure all internal and external systems contain accurate and consistent data and to resolve errors and issues.
- To deputise for the Pay & Benefits Manager in periods of absence.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Pay & Benefits Manager from time to time
A successful applicant will have experience with the above & be available on short notice
Salary £35,000 - £40,000