Senior Accountant - Core Accounting
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. Our 9,100 experts and 120 offices in 85 jurisdictions worldwide serve corporates, financial institutions, asset managers, private clients and family offices, providing the combination of accounting, tax, payroll, fund administration, compliance and entity management services essential to global business success.
We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the Regional Delivery Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting & tax, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group
This position will be part of a dynamic Accounting Team that will manage a complex portfolio of clients and will constantly develop working relationships with existing clients, prospects and external advisers. Senior Accountant will perform complex activities related with Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and General Ledger as part of the service scope and will support the junior team members in delivering the services to the clients.
- Perform in timely and accurate manner general accounting and reporting including processing journal entries, calculation of accruals, posting and process allocations
- Assist in month closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered into system
- Ensure proper reconciliation of reports and accounts
- Handle day-to-day Accounts Payable activities, like invoice processing, matching to purchase orders/members statements, confirming authorizations, checking VAT calculations and deductions, creating payment proposals, reversals and corrections of incorrectly posted invoices,
- Handle day-to-day Accounts Receivable activities, like issuing invoices, incoming payment allocation and matching,
- Create, maintain Vendor / Customer Master Records
- Reconciling Accounts Payables/Receivables account(s) to the general ledger
- Coordinate with client and internal stakeholders, via workflow tool/email to resolve the issues.
- Manage the generic mailboxes, responding to customers / vendors inquiries in a timely manner; support, follow-up escalations of identified issues,
- Provide guidance to more junior team members as required from time to time.
- Comply with accounting standards, policies and procedures
- Explore for continuous process improvements and share best practices across teams
- Contribute to team metrics by achieving stated productivity and accuracy goals daily
- Drive many continuous process improvements and share best practices across team
- Support team lead in achieving performance objectives
- University degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, Polish CPA, or equivalent), even if partly qualified, will be a big advantage
- At least 3 years of experience in an international, or English-speaking environment, in one of these fields:
- or GL accounting/Record-to-Report,
- or AR/Order-to-Cash,
- or AP/Procure-to-Pay
- Experience in a multi-country, multiple legal entity environment will be an advantage
- Experience in BPO/SSC/Centralized delivery model will be an advantage
- Practical knowledge of accounting standards, GAAPs, IFRS will be an advantage
- Microsoft Office literacy; working with Microsoft Dynamix or other ERP / F&A systems will be an advantage.
- Good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Proactiveness and engaged attitude
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new skills and to perform range of activities ranging from bookkeeping to advanced corporate reporting.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment, positive mindset in responding to challenges
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Continuous improvement mindset and process orientation and a solution oriented work approach
- “Getting things done” and service oriented attitude combined with the ability to communicate and explain procedures and solution proposals to partners
Working at TMF Group offers
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing for the Multikafeteria program (e.g. Multisport card)
- Access to a language platform with 13 different languages to learn
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Opportunity to take part in charity projects
* Please note, we’ll contact selected Candidates only
What’s in it for you?
Make an impact
Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
At TMF Group, it’s our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
Applications close: 24 Dec 2022 Central European Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.