R&D Tax Senior Associate - Open to Flexible Working
Business Tax Services - R&D Tax Senior
If you’re looking to join a rapidly growing R&D tax team, bringing the benefits of not only a variety of work, clients and project teams but also with strong support structures in place to help you achieve your career goals this is the team for you!
An exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic, growing team in the EY Innovation Incentives group, based in London. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work in a diverse team of highly successful tax and industry specialists. Serving a variety of very high-profile clients (FTSE 100 and 250 multinational companies) as well as exciting Fast Growth technology companies, we support companies in claiming R&D tax credits, which were introduced by the government to encourage UK companies to invest in innovation.
You will be required to work closely with clients’ finance & tax departments from all different sectors. Working with the EY Engineering or IT team you will be leading the development of the tax aspect of the R&D tax claim and making sure of compliance against tax legislation. As well as working directly on existing projects, you will also be offered the chance to support business development opportunities.
You’ll be based primarily at your home office but there will be a small requirement to travel when supporting the national team on projects around the country.
There is a clear path for progression for the right candidate and this is a unique opportunity to progress your career in one of EY’s leading tax teams.
Your key responsibilities:
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of R&D tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Assist with the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach
- Contribute to successfully winning work with both new and existing clients
Skill and attributes for success:
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Relationship management skills with the ability to manage client and internal stakeholder expectations
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Project management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines and monitor own budget
- Coaching and training skills to assist with the development of junior team members
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Corporate tax or R&D tax claim experience
- Be fully qualified ACA/CA/ACCA/ATT/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course
- Strong Excel capability including use of VLOOKUP and IF functions and pivot tables, including manipulating large and complex datasets
What we look for:
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- An analytical mindset and the skills to critically review and scrutinise financial data
- Coaching ability to help develop future talent
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.