AIS Fund Admin Manager, AVP
This is a senior level management role within the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) business unit of the State Street Global Services division. This role will support the management of a department of around 150 employees.
Communication and stakeholder contact
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall department initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of control.
- Manage relationships with internal clients (other State Street offices outsourcing to Hangzhou) at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in the Hangzhou office. This will include late night and early morning conference calls across all time zones.
- Produce weekly management reports that highlight key operational metrics, successes and challenges in meeting goals.
- Lead management meetings with the home sites including metrics on volumes and performance against SLAs, risk analysis, staffing issues and other relevant highlights.
- Become familiar with our global product offering
- Develop and follow structured and periodic communication plan across all levels – one-on- one, roundtable and skip- level meetings addressing people concerns as a priority.
- Oversee the management of the responsibilities against a backdrop of internal and external audit control and compliance, risk management, fiduciary control, procedural documentation and business continuity.
- Closely monitor service level agreement standards and produce weekly and monthly reports for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and champion projects on end to end business improvement and automation.
- Complete staffing proposals for new migrations including new business proposal in conjunction with Head of AIS.
- Provide overall direction to subordinate staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes monthly, quarterly and yearly financial and operations goals and objectives.
- Allocate and coordinate resources including staff placement, seating and procurement of necessary equipment for own unit
- Ensure all registers, such as staff trackers, holiday trackers, business continuity lists, etc. are all updated.
- Evaluate the process capacity, buffer, absenteeism, over time and utilization within unit for effective control of back office costs.
Training, People Development and knowledge management
- Develop and monitor individual development plans for the entire department.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Responsible for the direction and training of managers, succession plan
- Address employee concerns and sensitivities. Work closely with Talent Development to ensure staff is adequately supported for learning initiatives.
- Staff Turnover analysis for own unit and control. Foster retention of high and mid valued talent by using retention tools like education at work, career development, re deployment, rotation and employee engagement.
- Ensure knowledge development of staff, cross training, internal rotations and succession plans are in place.
- Lead improvement and transformation projects collaborating with home sites and AIS Head and serve on committees and task force assignments.
Experience / Qualification / Key Skills / Attributes
- Have experience and proven skill in managing multi-functional, organizational and jurisdictional lines; brings own area of expertise to the table.
- Understand unit strategic/business plan; ability to set strategic direction for areas of responsibility and ensure goals/objectives are aligned with those of the business.
- Possess knowledge of accounting and administration products and services.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to organizational success; work to do what is best for the organization and its stakeholders (e.g., customers, shareholders and employees).
- Demonstrated ability to make and stand by difficult or unpopular decisions when they are in the best interests of the client or corporation.
- Demonstrates an appreciation for people and perspectives that differ from own; ability to adapt style to match the needs of different individuals, teams and situations.
- Act as a role model and be committed to model appropriate executive behavior at all times; consistently ‘live’ the organizational values.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interface with colleagues from all disciplines, backgrounds and cultures - both in the region and across the globe.
Candidates must have a college degree (business, economics, mathematics, finance and at least 10 years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including to 7 years of managerial experience. Business unit management specifically in the Alternative Investment space shall be highly preferred.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.