Senior Manager/Assistant Director - M&A Business Services
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing your own tasks, but you’ll also be confident collaborating with others, communicating regularly with senior managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners to enable us to serve our clients effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to our clients.
We are looking to add a Manager or Senior Manager/Assistant Director to our M&A team in Birmingham
This team provides corporates, private equity houses and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings. The firm has a very positive working environment allowing for growth and progression.
Core responsibilities include:
- Leading M&A projects through to completion, including all aspects of creating information memorandum, management presentations, teasers, pitch books etc
- Providing valuations and financial analysis through modelling
- Leading project management, including oversight of due diligence and client and buyer interaction, and management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Contributing and playing an active role in the development of new business relationships, marketing and business proposals, including:
- Developing target and potential transactions, including both buy and sell side mandates
- Liaising with external counterparties (lawyers, private equity etc.)
- Acting as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals, including:
- Providing people management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management
- Supporting the appraisal process, training and recommendations for promotion.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a strong team and to work on high-profile transactions in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual looking to further their M&A career, and, ultimately, progress upwards in what will be a high growth and successful team. The team already has a number of live mandates and a strong pipeline, originated externally as well as internally where the senior cross-firm Financial Services sector team is hugely supportive of this M&A specialism.
You will have:
- A good understanding of, and experience in, advising clients on both buy-side and sell-side work, and will have led projects to a successful close. Your experience will involve working with private companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses.
- Ideally ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Preferably, direct financial services experience or if not in a tangential sector (e.g. fintech, tech etc.).
- Previous staff management or supervisory experience.
You’ll also be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. They can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,000 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.