We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as an Accounting Advisor on our Accounting team in Bayan Lepas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you'll achieve as an Accounting Advisor, you will be responsible for preparing month end and quarter end close activities related to royalty accounting. You will liase with regional teams on accounting close activities. You will ensure accounting activities are performed accurately and on a timely basis. In addition, you will continuously drive for accounting process improvements and ensure proper and sufficient controls are in place surrounding accounting activities. In addition, you will assist internal and external financial reporting requirements of the company are met. Equally important is to ensure adherence to company policies and the necessary Accounting treatment.
You will also:
- Manage a portfolio of software vendors & contracts (i.e. review contracts for Accounting impact/reporting requirements/royalty cost impact/tax obligation/audit rights/pay terms etc., track royalties owed to software vendors, report & pay software vendors, perform analytics, support vendor queries/audits etc.)
- Be involved in/responsible for software part setup & maintenance and royalty cost setting
- Assist in/handle tax-related matters (i.e. withholding tax, value added tax, goods & services tax etc.)
- Support global royalty processes and controls
- Work closely and provide business support to Procurement, Business, Finance, Operations, Corp Tax, Legal team etc.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- A recognized degree in Accounting/Finance or Professional Accountancy qualification
- 5 - 9 years relevant experience is required
- Strong drive for results and business acumen with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Effective communication with strong interpersonal skills Proficient in MS Office applications
Here’s our story; now tell us yours.
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 November 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.