Legal Entity Controller, AVP #219156
Your field of responsibility
Main responsibilities of the Legal Entity Controller are to:
- Ensure generation of legal entity accounting and reporting in compliance with applicable GAAPs and timely close of Books and Records
- Perform detailed analysis of entity results and communicate the results thereto through business partners
- Ensure appropriate controls exist and operate effectively within the accounting and reporting function
- Represent Legal Entities in various firm wide Forums and provide input on accounting matters
- Update Stakeholders on Entity Results, Governance & Control Matters
Solid line to VP of Financial Accounting
- Close Legal Entity books and records in accordance with local and group accounting policies and timelines and local and group materiality.
- Seek to ensure compliance with US, Swiss, IFRS and local GAAPs as applicable.
- Disclosures required for US GAAP and regulatory reporting purposes, preparation and/or review of monthly/quarterly analytics and variance commentaries, annual Statutory Financial Statements under IFRS/Local GAAP
- Implementation and testing of various new policy/accounting standards as applicable; implementation, and testing of various financial systems projects to improve data quality and efficiency.
- Ensure timely completion of audits and reviews, both internal and external.
- Managing the FA owned account ownership process. Manage hand-offs with other FA departments e.g. Central Controls and Intercompany Team.
- Coordinating with various teams (e.g. Product Controller, Legal Entity Controller, CRM, Operations), where necessary, to gather relevant information required supporting reporting or analytical review purpose.
- Coordinating the request for financial summary information and consolidating the data into the management reporting pack on a monthly basis. Support any onshore review, standard or ad hoc queries required from sending location.
- New Business initiatives requiring close collaboration with other functions and support areas; have an ability to effectively work with both internal and external auditors as required; and, interact and collaborate with various functions such as Product Control, Operations, Tax, IT, Auditors and Front Office in a truly global environment
- Proactively support Organisational Change initiatives and constantly review processes for efficiencies by challenging status-quo of existing processes/practices.
- Understand the significant controls and processes within Control and Reporting that impact the entity and, where control issues are identified, acquire reassurance that control improvement plans are put in place.
- Educate staff members of the objective/purpose of the tasks assigned to them. Provide clear direction to the team on the day-to-day operations. Appropriately monitor staff work to ensure that the right tasks are performed within the control framework laid down by the Firm.
- Build a high performance team by constantly coaching, mentoring and developing staff members.
Your future colleagues
Financial Accounting team is responsible for the generation of entity level accounting, group disclosures, undertaking detailed analysis and review of reporting and results as a key control and to provide basic information for performance management.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural valuesRemote Working? N/A - pending TWWW agreement
Your skills and experience
You are expected to possess the below skills:-
- Outstanding knowledge of US and IFRS GAAP accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in key aspects associated with the financial-statements and the notes of the legal entity
- Knowledge of the key processes and systems that feed legal entity accounting including an understanding of potential impacts on the end-to-end reporting flows
- Clear understanding of control standards by which the legal entity and firm is governed, including SOX 404 Compliance
- Experience in managing teams.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Required work experience/ background
- Professional accountant viz. CA or CPA or MBA Finance
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in finance
- Experience in MNC banking organizations is preferred
- Having flexibility and able to accommodate time zone differences
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.