Macro Index Product Controller - Associate
The Macro Index Product Control team within the Global Commodities Group is a team of professionals supporting 10 traders globally. It is a truly multi-asset desk providing exposure to all asset classes; Credit, Bonds, FX, Equities, Commodities. As such, this is an outstanding and rare opportunity.
The trading desk offers various index products varying from vanilla beta indices to algorithmic (smart beta, alpha, momentum etc.) across asset-classes. In addition structured and exotic multi-asset solutions are traded out of this desk.
The successful candidate will have a zest and enthusiasm for learning, and a strong quantitative thinking mindset, combined with interesting and relevant experience (e.g. risk, valuation control, product control).
- Run Risk and P&L explain for the trading desk, with an emphasis on understanding the story behind the numbers from a commercial and trading standpoint
- Run Value-at-Risk and Stress, foster working relationships with partners in Market Risk, QR and technology
- Improve current processes, build option and index explains, automate solutions
- Ensure regulation complaint operating environment
- Escalate any control gaps and offer ideas to mitigate these gaps
- Coordinate with Operations, Tech and Finance through all phases of testing for new models and infrastructure
- Month end and quarter end management, preparing all relevant information for quarterly filings
- Client Value and Portfolio Management analysis
- Heavy interaction with Sales and Trading daily; confidence and communication skills imperative
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to challenge status quo and be introspective
- Proactive in identifying control gaps, defining resolution and taking to closure
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Strong degree qualifications. Professional qualifications favorable
- Knowledge of derivative products and a technical mindset
- Motivated, positive attitude, keen interest to learn about markets, products, and the business
- Influencing skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally
- Excel expertise, VBA or other coding skills highly beneficial
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.