Senior Corporate Development Analyst
Northern Trust Corporation is a leading provider of wealth management, asset servicing, asset management and banking to corporations, institutions, affluent families and individuals. With the firm’s Asset Servicing business comprising over 55%% of total fee revenue, the Asset Servicing finance function has a key role in partnering with the business and providing timely, accurate and expert financial advice.As a member of the Asset Servicing finance team, you will have the opportunity to work in corporate development initiatives including strategic decisions to grow the business, establish partnerships, improve product profitability and/or achieve organizational efficiencies. As a finance expert, you will play a key role in assessing the financial viability of business acquisitions, majority and minority equity investments, divestitures, strategic partnerships, existing businesses/products, and/or physical relocations among others. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in industry research projects including financial technology and digital assets.
- Build financial models to estimate the value of potential acquisitions, minority and majority equity investments, divestitures and strategic partnerships
- Develop comparable company and precedent transaction analyses to estimate the value of potential acquisitions, minority and majority equity investments, divestitures and strategic partnerships
- Build pro-forma income and balance sheet statements to estimate the impact of several strategic initiatives on existing businesses/products
- Partner with business experts to develop assumptions supporting the impact of various strategic initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions opportunities and other strategic initiatives
- Research industry and technology trends, including competitor’s financial performance, financial technology advancements, uses of digital assets and regulatory landscape, among others
- Develop power point presentations summarizing results of financial analyses and research findings to firm’s senior management and Board of Directors
- Communicate results of findings to senior management, including product leads, business unit Chief Financial Officer, firm’s Chief Financial Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant areas of study
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in a finance function such as financial planning and analysis
- Candidates should be analytically sound with knowledge of corporate finance concepts and accounting
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and interest in developing an in depth understanding of Asset Servicing products and business drivers
- Self-motivated and detail orientated
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to lead discussions with senior management
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Organizational skills are required to support more than one project or initiative with minimal supervision
- Advanced excel and PowerPoint skills including use of advanced functions, data management, advanced charting, and querying structured data sources
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.