Asset Servicing Product Strategy & Research - Manager
Who we are looking for
The Asset Servicing Product organization develops State Street’s strategic roadmap for our custody, accounting and ancillary product offerings.
Asset Servicing products account for over half of State Street’s revenue and support some of the world’s largest and most complex institutional investors such as Pensions, Asset and Alternative Managers, Insurance, and Sovereign Wealth Funds. The Asset Servicing Product organization is looking for a strong strategy and research professional to join their team.
The individual will participate in complex strategy and research projects; working with senior leaders across the organization. Typical projects would include strategy support, analyzing product opportunities/ capabilities, product/ market positioning, and creating business cases. The role would involve undertaking strategic and financial research activities emanating from various products (such as Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency) and solutions teams (such as Private Markets, ESG) at State Street.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Investment Services, which gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, our tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
The individual will:
- Act as an internal consultant in leading/working on engagements with business unit heads/other senior stakeholders
- Provide strategic industry analysis through in-depth research
- Analyze ambiguous data/information to aid executive level decision making
- Provide product capability comparisons with competitors and niche players and identify gaps, strength, weaknesses, and differentiators
- Provide support for new product concepts ranging from market opportunity analysis to help in developing business cases
- Provide positioning and content for products and solutions
- Participate in special strategic assignments for the business unit
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong knowledge of the asset management/ servicing industry
- Excellent research and analysis skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience with producing content for and presenting to the executive-level
- Proactive approach to problem-solving; Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Excellent communication skills and written skills and meeting facilitation skills. Must have the ability to comfortably interact & communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, meet deadlines and effectively execute in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office tools
- Excellent energy and a strong work ethic
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MBA, and, preferably CFA/CAIA
- 6-8+ years in-house strategy team, or, similar experience in professional services organizations
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.