VP Legal Entity Controller - EMEA Capital Management & Strategy
Objectives/ Deliverables for this role
This is a key role in the EMEA Capital Management team, which produces critical deliverables for EMEA senior management and UK regulators, including UK entities’ capital projections, Individual Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), capital aspects of Recovery & Resolution, as well as owning the UK ICAAP framework and standards.
This role will focus specifically on the one of the entities in the UK, working on capital forecasting and management, ICAAP and related activities (such as capital stress testing). The role is an ideal representation of projects and business-as-usual activities, offering the right level of challenge and opportunity to grow.
By way of context, the broader EMEA Capital Management & Regulatory Legal Entity Strategy team, within JPM’s Finance function, helps to ensure that the Firm complies with its prudential regulatory obligations, through:
- production of regulatory deliverables for which the team is directly responsible to a high standard of accuracy, with appropriate, clear messaging, meeting regulatory requirements and expectations;
- provision of timely, accurate and relevant advice to senior management and other teams within Finance and the wider Firm, to enable them to meet their regulatory obligations and better manage the business within regulatory constraints;
- ensuring that the regulated entities operate efficiently with adequate capital to meet regulatory requirements and appropriately cover the risks they face, now and in the foreseeable future;
- early identification of, accurate analysis of and influence on changes to the capital framework.
Qualifications – Internal
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for own work, producing reliable, high-quality outputs to an agreed timeline. Good task management skills and ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyse, manipulate and present data, focusing on material outcomes and producing coherent outputs. Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly, with the written and oral presentation skills to deliver clear messages for a senior audience and external parties.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex rules frameworks.
- Collaborative approach to working within a team and coordinating with other teams in Finance, Risk, Treasury and the business lines.
- Understanding of basic capital and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft office tools.
- Working knowledge of the current UK/international prudential regime, including Basel, CRD / CRR, and the Pillar 2 / ICAAP framework.
- Experience of capital calculations and planning.
- Knowledge of the retail industry, products and business lines.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.