ETIC, Finance Function - Senior Associate AP
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
About the role
As a Senior Associate you should have strong business, technical, analytical and commercial skills and be able to apply your knowledge to provide finance advice to ETIC stakeholders in line with PwC policies and accounting standards.
You will be working for a new business and therefore have the opportunity to grow with the company, take on more responsibility over time and progress your career.
You will report to the Finance Leader. You will liaise with and work alongside other finance and operations functions, you will develop a network of key contacts, build strong relationships and develop new skills.
As a Finance Senior Associate, you will play a key role in the following areas:
- Reconcile bank statements
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Review and verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors
- Verify, analyse, investigate and resolve payable invoice discrepancies and deficiencies
- Set invoices up for payment and Maintain copies of invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Track Employee expenses and process expense reports on Concur
- Assist with month end closing
- Support in all the company’s tax affairs includes the VAT forms, with-holding tax salaries tax and income tax
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities and drive process improvement and automation
- Cash Out Forecast
- AP Ageing reports
- Prepare reports with suppliers' balances and indicate the payments due to them in accordance with the payment terms of each of them
- Interpretation and reporting of the monthly financial results; recommending actions
- Support month end and year end processes
- Support cashflow forecasting
- Support budgeting and forecasting
- CMA, DipIFRS, CIMA or ACCA qualified or part-qualified desirable, but not essential
- Experience with using Concur and Sage is desirable
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Focused on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
- Agile, embraces innovation and change
- Creative, with experience of putting together presentations using PowerPoint / Google Slides
- Commercially minded with a deep business understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Action orientated and a self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate were appropriate
- Takes responsibility for own personal development
- Intermediate to advanced Excel / Google Sheet
Essential skills & attributes:
- Has the competence to perform the role effectively i.e. numerate, organised, agile & proactive, commercially minded
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Affinity to work with financial data, good analytics
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
- Intermediate to advanced MS and Google suite applications
- University Degree
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.