Indirect Tax Associate
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Be responsible for preparation/review of US indirect tax returns, associated payments, GL activities including reconciliation.
- Have the opportunity to work closely and collaborate with key contacts at different MS departments, external consultants and 3rd party service providers across locations
- Contribute to process improvement projects, support tax audits
- Develop practical knowledge of US indirect taxation and the Firm's business and understand how your role fits into it.
- Be mentored by your colleagues and your supervisor to learn into your role and develop your skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Min. 2 years of experience preferably in the area of indirect tax compliance and/or advisory (No US specific knowledge required).
- Sound numeric skills and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with multiple issues and under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel.
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written).
- Professional accounting qualification/studying (ACCA, CIMA, CTA or equivalent) or willingness to participate in sponsored qualification an advantage
Team Profile: The Indirect Tax group provides Morgan Stanley with global in-house expertise, primarily in VAT/GST and US Non-Income Tax. The team in Budapest has recently increased its global footprint and become the central location of the global indirect tax coverage.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.