Statutory Reporting Senior Manager
Citi as the leading global bank is present in 100+ countries, 55 of which are in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. The Statutory Reporting team is responsible for the preparation of audited financial statements for approximately 70 subsidiaries of Citi in EMEA. The financial statements are prepared under IFRS, UK GAAP or local GAAP.
Statutory Reporting Senior Manager
The Statutory Reporting team works closely with other areas of Finance – Regulatory Reporting, Tax, Treasury and Product Control - to ensure that the results of the individual entities properly reflect the group’s activities. The team also supports other teams on one off transactions and specialized accounting issues.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Management of the statutory financial reporting process for selected EMEA entities, with focus on UK registered companies;
- Oversee and guide the team in the coordination of annual audit of external auditors;
- Manage a professional working relationship with the external auditors and other Citi departments;
- Team management responsibility of 4-10 people, including coaching, developing and training the team;
- Conducting review of the work of team members to ensure high quality of financial statements in line with accounting standards and applicable regulations;
- Ensure statutory and regulatory deadlines are met;
- Liaison with the Corporate Tax function and other Regulatory departments to assist them with tax returns and regulatory submissions respectively;
- Subject matter expert of statutory financial reporting rules and disclosure requirements;
- Implement reporting procedures to comply with Citi internal control requirements;
- Leads process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of statutory reporting;
- Liaisons with EMEA Accounting policy team in determining the accounting and reporting treatment of complex and unusual transactions;
- Manage the EMEA audit fee approval process and work on continuous development of the procedure.
- Exposure to a broad range of legal entities, deepen knowledge about financial and accounting regulations;
- The opportunity to work with people from different functions and different countries;
- Opportunities to gain a thorough knowledge of several Finance processes;
- Experience of working within a complex matrix organisation;
- Gain experience of managing relationships;
- Exposure to senior Finance and Business management;
- Management and leadership skills;
- Deepen knowledge about banking products and their accounting rules.
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- 8-10 years of experience in financial auditing or financial reporting and accounting or controlling
- IFRS experience
- US GAAP experience is an advantage
- Familiarity with UK GAAP is an advantage
- Prior experience with preparation of financial statements and supporting external audit
- Experience of managing team members and leading projects
- University/College in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- ACCA / Chartered accountant qualification is an advantage
- Strong PC skills including advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, access or SQL is advantageous)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skill
- Ability to motivate colleagues and collaborate effectively
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to interpret and implement statutory guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Competitive compensation package with a wide range of benefits:
- Cafeteria Program
- Home Office Allowance - for colleagues working in hybrid and remote work models
- Paid Parental Leave Program - maternity leave and paternity leave
- Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms at our offices
- Pension Plan Contribution to voluntary pension fund
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide variety of learning and development programs, online course libraries and upskilling platforms, such as Udemy and Degreed
- Flexible work arrangements to support colleagues’ in managing work - life balance
- Continuous career progression opportunities across geographies and business lines
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture
- Socially active employee communities with diverse networking opportunities
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.