Internal Audit Quality Assurance - Sr. Consultant (Sr. Auditor)
Audit Services’ Professional Practices Group (PPG) is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and enhancing the audit methodology practices and driving the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) within the global Audit Services Department (“Department”). As part of the QAIP, the QA Senior Consultant will support PPG in maintaining and executing the QAIP, which includes performing independent reviews of the Department’s deliverables and supporting documentation and collaborating with senior audit management to ensure alignment with the internal audit methodology, relevant regulatory requirements, as well as The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards.
This role is “highly visible” to the Department’s Leadership Team, including the Chief Audit Executive, due to the nature and frequency of discussions held with them on QAIP results. This position will functionally report to the QA Audit Director and is expected to operate independently in conducting QA work, providing input and challenge in the Department’s results, and forming and maintaining partnerships with the Department’s staff and management. Key competencies include: a practical and logical thinking style, positive attitude, ability to learn quickly and navigate through ambiguity with comfort, and ability to collaborate and influence positive change are the fundamental requirements to this role.
- 5-8 years’ experience in the financial services industry, internal audit, or risk management, with preferred experience in one or more of the following: financial reporting, risk management/compliance, wealth management, asset management, or asset servicing
- Strong desire to learn and ask questions about Northern Trust’s business and Departmental processes
- Project management and reporting skills preferred
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Influential and dynamic change agent
- Strong decision-making skills
- Able to manage through critical issues and realign priorities and deliverables as needed
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Relevant advanced degrees and/or certifications are preferred
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.