SEA - Associate, Data Analyst (Audit Analytics), SEA Assurance
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Data manipulation using tools such as Microsoft SQL, Python, R and/or Excel VBA to load and transform raw data into standard data models.
- Data visualization using tools such as Qlik, Tableau or Power BI
- Perform data quality checks and reconciliations to verify the completeness of datasets provided to you. This task will require a degree of problem solving and the ability to understand basic accounting concepts. (trainings will be provided on accounting concepts)
- Manage a portfolio of audit analytics engagement, ensuring tasks are being done on time and in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Assist and guide Audit teams with data extraction from client systems.
- Perform data analysis using internally created audit analytics packages or develop custom solutions.
- Create automated process workflows using tools such as Alteryx or UIPath or by creating new tools/processes using programming language.
- Working with the SEA/AP team on other data analytics related projects.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Degree holder, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or Data Analytics related.
- Hands on experience with tools such as
- Database technology (Preferably MS SQL)
- Visualization software such as Qlik /Tableau/ Power BI
- Python and/or R
- Excel Macros and VBAs
- Knowledge on ETL (Extract, Test, Load) processes from source systems, and provide preliminary descriptive analytics findings to business challenges.
- Able to handle data ambiguity and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work in a team with an attention to details.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and solutions.
Additional Requirements that are considered as an asset
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools such as Alteryx or UIPath.
- Knowledge on Microsoft stack: C#, .NET 4, ASP.NET CORE, MVC, Entity Framework.
- Developing front-end website architecture, designing user interactions on web pages and developing back end website applications.
- An understanding of basic accounting and auditing principles.
Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply!
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.