Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
This is a chance to join a dynamic and forward thinking team advising ambitious entrepreneurial businesses, embracing cloud tools and technology to deliver business services and outsourcing to fast growing businesses. Our team supports a wide range of exciting clients in sectors including online retail, renewable energy, real estate and technology. Our focus is to help clients succeed through simplifying the day to day of doing business, and also delivery business advisory workshops, business reporting, system advisory and statutory accounts.
Our team of business advisors collaborates to focus on meeting evolving client needs, working closely with other teams to deliver the right expertise from across BDO both domestically and internationally. As one of the leading global firms of accountants, we are ideally placed to help businesses looking to scale to the next stage.
In this role we will support your development to become a leading business adviser, working closely with the leadership team and others to support clients as they change and adapt.
We work on a large variety of clients largely within the SME space. In the role, you will:
- Prepare reliable monthly financial information to help business owners make decisions
- Deliver insights to help clients understand their business performance and allow them to focus on their business
- Prepare and review statutory accounts and disclosures within under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks.
- Manage a portfolio of clients – liaising with clients and internal teams as needed.
- Assist with business advisory projects such as business reviews, workshops, forecasts and performance analysis
- Have awareness of consolidations and cash flow for year-end statutory accounts and to be able to prepare them if required.
- Have knowledge and ability to use various accounting software packages including Xero.
- Have knowledge of various accounting apps designed to simplify processes and deliver insight.
- Review the work of junior staff, and complete monthly reviews to ensure accurate financial information.
- Train and develop junior staff to help them progress
- Liaise with other departments and subject matter experts, such as VAT, tax and technical accounting teams
- Assist in research of complex technical area and offer solutions.
- Understand the logic of a cashflow statement enabling issues to be identified and solutions proposed.
- Prepare engagement letters for manager and partner review.
- Conduct rigorous project management and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues with the manager or client, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of FRS102
- Good understanding of business controls and month/year end controls
- Excellent working knowledge of outsourcing and bookkeeping on a monthly basis.
- Evidence of ability to research technical accounting matters.
- Working knowledge of risk management processes within an accounting firm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of Caseware and other relevant accounts production software
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.