Strategy & Transactions Staff - FSO - The Cayman Islands
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Staff in our Strategy & Transaction (SaT) practice. EY has an established industry leading SaT practice and this role will primarily focus on restructuring, liquidation, insolvency and/or valuations service offerings for clients in the financial services industry.
Your key responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of more senior members of the team, participate in restructuring, liquidation, insolvency and/or valuations procedures and engagements as required and contribute to defining the engagement scope
- Prepare analysis and reports supporting the assignment as required to be delivered to clients and other parties and contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the client
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, budgets and other planning documents
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field; candidates who have completed a public accounting/professional services firm training program in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, will also be considered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Effective organization, project management, and time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An internationally recognized professional accounting certification, such as a CPA or equivalent, or a service line relevant certification, such as a recognized insolvency qualification or an ASA, AM, CBV, CFA or equivalent; non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to manager
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
- A high level of commercial acumen and an awareness of the key industry drivers
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- Knowledge of current market issues in financial services
- Experience working on project-based teams solving complex issues
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on projects from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in strategy and transactions, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.