CIB F&BM - Central Controls Office Strategy Lead - Executive Director
Corporate and Investment Banking Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent operational control environment across the CIB and firm. Control Managers partner with business/function executives to manage the end to end control environment including operational risk assessment, controls design & evaluation, and leading ongoing control related programs and initiatives on behalf of the business..
Control Management focuses areas include:
- Control design and expertise
- Risks and controls identification/assessment
- Control breaks and resolution
- Control governance & reporting
- Project management
The CIB Central Controls Office (CCO) forms part of the CIB CM Organization and is a global team with expertise in delivering control initiatives, governance and central control management activities across the CIB.
The CIB CCO is seeking an MD/ED level candidate who will be responsible to set up a strategy and portfolio management team. The candidate will be the global lead responsible for defining the strategy for this new role, establishing the role, driving execution and providing transparency for high importance strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will be expected to create the infrastructure, processes and tools and to become a trusted partner to senior leads across the Controls landscape. This is a high visibility role which will require outstanding communication skills, a strategic mindset, and passion for execution.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Developing a 3-5 year strategic vision for the Central Controls Office and identifying operating model enhancements
- Overseeing the transformation activities underway in the CCO team and ensuring alignment to strategic objectives for the team and for Control Management more broadly
- Establishing and driving implementation of change management standards in support of programs across the CIB Control Management organization globally
- Establishing and running a change management intake and impact assessment process for CIB Control Management
- Assessing and prioritizing new change activities
- Advising and influencing senior leaders on key decisions and major change initiatives
- Assisting in the definition and execution of future operating models, as well as, control and governance frameworks
- Developing Executive-level materials for key meetings with controls senior mgmt. and business leadership
- Being a champion for continuous improvement; helping identify and implement change
- Building and maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships with program stakeholders, peers and technology partners, with focus on delivery
- The candidate would have to be a strong performer, flexible, able to work independently and create strong partnerships
- Extensive program management experience, ideally coupled with a strategic mindset and financial experience
- Experience leading strategy, operations, process improvement, and high-profile strategic engagements
- Experience solving complex business problems and driving projects from strategy to execution
- Conflict resolution, change management, influencing, project management, delegation and coaching skills
- Ability to influence outcomes and get the best from people, even where no direct line management responsibility exists
- Thoughtful, informed and appropriately opinionated
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse workgroups
- Ability to synthesize information to formulate a “story” for Senior Management
- Assimilates broad-ranging information quickly and able to distil into key points
- Quickly establishes rapport with business/function heads and other leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- End-to-end project management experience, including scoping, business case development, implementation, and change management
- Exceptional analytical skills to understand a diverse array of programs and complex end-to-end workflows
- Effective change management and transformation experience. Ability to connect with teams to influence current state mindset, help them adapt to a changing environment
- Strong understanding of Agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility/adaptability to changeable directives.
- Leverages the organization to deliver results quickly
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.