Senior Consultant - Finance Oracle ERP
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant level consultant with a strong delivery track record in Enterprise Resource Planning who is able to leverage technology-based solutions to deliver business outcomes for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Consultant within our Finance Business Consulting team you will specialise in Oracle Cloud ERP delivery in Retail Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance and will work closely with our clients to support them in making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. You will also support business and practice development of the CFO Advisory team. You will be a trusted business advisor to our clients with a strong Oracle Cloud ERP implementation background.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting large and complex end to end Oracle Cloud ERP implementation projects including oversight of requirement gathering, solution design and build, oversight of testing, business readiness, training material preparation through to go-live and post go-live support
- Organising design workshops, understanding the clients accounting requirements and translating this to application configuration
- Developing and implementing business readiness and post-implementation support as per the client’s changing requirements post go-live
- Providing insight and value as part of the team designing and supporting the deployment of Oracle Cloud ERP Solutions Architecture
- Contributing to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to client`s Business and IT Strategies and leverage common solutions and services to meet key project goals
- Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and adopting new and improved ways of working, delivery models and/or technological advancements
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, supporting EY accounts and to bring all of EY to our clients
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff
- Being responsible for the financial management of client engagements
- Aiding business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients, supporting proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals
- Advancing the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by fostering a culture of hight performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Keeping up to date with industry news and developments
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Consulting experience at a Big 4, major systems integrator or top tier consulting firm within financial services (Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance), or a transformation role in industry
- Experience of working in a consulting role in Financial Services, or a transformation role in industry, ideally in Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance
- Hands on experience of working as part of team delivering full end to end implementations of Oracle Cloud Financials including requirement gathering, design, technical specification, build, testing, business readiness, training through to go-live and post go-live support.
- Use of Finance technologies including Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Applications
- Knowledge on Oracle Cloud Financials with direct experience
- Ability to speak confidently about Oracle Cloud ERP architectural principles, including ledger design (e.g. leading and non-leading), subledger strategy, integration, reporting approach, accounting rules, multi-GAAP and multi-currency principles
- Good knowledge of several of the following: invoice scanning, payables, payments and bank integration, procurement, approvals purchasing, role definition, workflow, GL accounting hub (AHCS), assets and SLA rules and the ability to act as a solution architect on major programmes of work and be a design authority
- Understanding of how to leverage Cloud and other emerging technologies
- Familiar with Chart of accounts, data modelling and organisation structure re-design
- Good understanding of finance and accounting business process optimisation
- Able to develop functional and technical designs against business requirements/challenges
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate strong expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Promote a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.