We are looking for a full time Audit Senior to join either the Berkhamsted or Bedford office. An excellent opportunity is available for either an AAT qualified or ACCA, ACA part qualified or qualified person. The position is offered at a competitive salary with a wide range of company benefits.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of audit work and will have practice experience with the audit of SME's and good commercial awareness. Must be able to communicate at all levels and be able to build and develop client relationships. Knowledge of the IRIS Accountancy Suite, Myworkpapers, Inflo, Xero and Sage is a distinct advantage but not essential.
Good clear communication skills both written and oral along with a positive and enthusiastic attitude will be essential and the ability to work as part of a team or under your own initiative. The ideal candidate will be happy to travel for work based assignments and to other offices in the region on a regular basis.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the International Auditing Standards are followed during all audits to ensure that technical standards are maintained.
A wide range of benefits would be available to the successful individual to include a highly competitive remuneration package and bonus, pension and flexible working hours. On top of this, you will be encouraged to learn and development personally through HW training courses and masterclasses.
The work will be varied in nature and will include:
- On-site Audit assignments
- Supporting the audit team
- Conduct audit work in accordance with IAS and agreed procedures (when the assignment requires it).
- Produce an audit summary and a list of discussion points for the manager or partner.
- Work within a budget agreed at the planning stage.
- Inclusion of statutory disclosures in line with the Companies House and FRS102.
- Managing deadlines for clients.
- Dealing with client queries and meeting their expectations.
- Keeping disruption at a minimum when visiting clients' premises.
- Ad-hoc tasks and assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
- Being a team player
What you will need to be:
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
AAT qualified or ACA/ACCA part or fully qualified
What you get back from us;
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development and leadership training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
If you are keen to secure a progressive role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.