Assistant Manager / Manager
Project Accountants Ltd is a Jersey based accounting and audit support services provider. Our mission is to remap the delivery of professional services through increased resource availability, innovation and global outreach. We specialise in providing a bespoke service to our clients.
PLEASE NOTE, BIG 4 EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Prepare / review annual and interim financial statements in accordance with accounting standards − IFRS, UK GAAP or generally acceptable accounting standards.
- Technical understanding of variety of accounting standards, particularly IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Undertake review role for work completed by others within the team.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts in agreed formats with the clients.
- Prepare financial information for inclusion in board packs where required.
- Prepare ad‐hoc financial reports as required, which could include cash projections, budgets, etc.
- Prepare technical papers on accounting treatments and interpretation of new standards.
Knowledge and experience
- Qualified accountant and member of a professional accounting body (ACCA, ICAP, ICAP (F) or ICAEW).
- Extensive technical accounting experience with a Big 4 firm is essential.
- Experience in month end close processes preferable.
- Extensive experience in working with Excel.
- Experience in financial services sector is preferable.
Competencies, Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent attention to detail, delivering work of a high standard.
- Strong communication skills.
- Sharp analytical skills and a strong commercial awareness.
- Proactive, solution focused with proven analytical and problem‐solving abilities.
- Team oriented with flexible approach.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Integrity, honesty and professionalism.
- Able to structure work logically and efficiently and executes accordingly in a high pressure environment.
- Be proficient in Ms Excel and other Office 365 applications.
- Able to give guidance and assistance to other members of the team.