Internal Audit & Financial Reporting Manager
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
HedgeServ’s IA & FinRep department is expanding in both Cork and Dublin. This department works with some of the most complex hedge funds in the industry, collaborating with its clients to provide a unique technology driven service offering to deliver a streamlined financial reporting solution. The team provides expertise in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Luxembourg GAAP and local regulatory requirements, specifically for HedgeServ’s strategic clients.
An Internal Audit & Financial Reporting Manager will be required to prepare financial statements across HedgeServ’s strategic clients in compliance with U.S. GAAP, IFRS or Luxembourg GAAP under the supervision and guidance of a Financial Reporting Director. The Financial Reporting Manager will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements, whilst building relationships with Investment Managers and Auditors, as well as colleagues across multiple global offices.
- Prepare or review financial statements including primary statements and all note disclosures ensuring they are drafted in accordance with:
- the regulations of the fund domicile
- the relevant GAAP of the Fund, primarily US GAAP, IFRS or Luxembourg GAAP
- the constituting documents of the fund (prospectus / offering memorandum)
- Investment Manager and/or Auditor instructions
- Develop template financial statements utilizing both the HedgeServ Financial Reporting tool and using a third party bespoke financial reporting application
- Co-ordinate and chair weekly call between the Auditors, Investment Manager and HedgeServ, tracking the status of the financial reporting project to agreed milestones on the timetable and resolving ad-hoc Investment Manager and Auditor queries in relation to GAAP or local regulations
- Build a detailed personal knowledge of GAAP to understand the range of disclosures permissible under GAAP which best fit the ethos of the Investment Manager, and challenging the Auditors if required thereby adding value to the process from the Investment Manager’s perspective
- Build a detailed personal knowledge of regulations (e.g. AIFMD, UCITs, and CFTC) to understand the range of disclosures permissible under the legislation which best fit the ethos of the Investment Manager
- Coordinate the year-end financial statement process and ensure all Investment Manager and Auditor queries on the financial statements are resolved in a timely manner
- Research queries on GAAP and Regulations and prepare a summary memo for circulation to HedgeServ employees
- Ensure errors or problems are identified and investigated on a timely basis; provide guidance for solutions to resolve
- Review the work of others and ensure all work is delivered on schedule to meet agreed timelines
- Maintain positive relationships with business stakeholders
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree – Min 2.2
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) who has completed a 3 or 4 year training contract with an audit firm specializing in the audit of Hedge Funds with a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who has completed a 3 or 4 year training contract with a Fund Administration firm specializing in financial reporting for Hedge Funds with a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail along with good knowledge of relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to the funds industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics (2.2 min)
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- In-depth knowledge developed across audit and financial statement review, obtained from either audit engagements in an audit firm or within another financial institution
- Guide, motivate and coach staff, ensuring development of their knowledge and ability
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong IT skills, proficient at MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Work in a culture that rewards results
- Flexible working arrangements - WFH
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.