Business Finance Analyst
A great opportunity to join the Financial Reporting team in one of the UK's top employers! We're currently looking for a Business Finance Analyst to join our Financial Reporting team to provide professional accountancy and finance analysis service across all business processes to ensure the organisation meets its regulatory, reputational and commercial requirements.
Salary: Up to £35k, Bonus (8-16%), 38 days holiday, excellent pension.
Job Type: FTC 12 months
Location: Birmingham, Wythall
Job Contact: 0131 245 1000
Closing Date: 7 December 2022
We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as a Business Finance Analyst to join our Financial Reporting team.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£310 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE 100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 - but we're not done yet.
We've seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 8,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
- Production and analysis of high quality and timely statutory, regulatory, other industry & government bodies' reports for the Life Companies and associated entities, including Group reporting.
- Ensure all data is prepared and reported in accordance with relevant reporting standards, business reporting requirements and local controls, and maintain evidence/audit trail as required.
- Ensure best use of resource and skill development by working flexibly across the range of tasks performed in the function.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Provide accountancy input into the development of new accounting business processes to ensure processes incorporate current legislation and reflect developments in industry standards where relevant.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the business to ensure receipt of information and provision of required analysis within the reporting timescales.
- Participate in team discussions on areas such as key activities and deliverables.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
What We're Looking For
- Part-qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Excellent understanding of double entry book keeping
- Accountability, to work to defined and tight timescales, balancing competing priorities, whilst maintaining professional standards
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan? Find out more about Phoenix Group here.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.