Finance Analyst - Business Banking
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
Business Banking (BB) is a division of the Group, including Major Client Group (large corporates), Corporate Banking (metro located business customers), Regional and Agribusiness (rural/regional customers including agricultural-based businesses) and Small Business Banking (small businesses that operate primarily in local communities). BB also includes Equities and Margin Lending (including CommSec).
The business unit contributes approximately $3bn to group profit, generating annual revenues of approximately $7bn with over 5,000 employees globally.
The activities of the role include:
- Business Partnering
- Plan setting
- Monthly performance reporting
- Weekly sales and service reporting
- Deep-Dives and Ad-Hoc Analytics and insights
- Financial and non-financial risk control oversight
- Capital analysis
- Using and building new reports in tableau
This role reports directly to the Manager of Regional and Agribusiness (RAB) Business Bank Finance.
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include:
- Management of month end reporting cycle, half and full year end reporting
- Financial controls - financial and non-financial risk control oversight
- Engagement with BB Finance to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Liaising directly with EGM, GMs, EMs and business bankers and presenting analytical performance to stakeholders
- Approaching requests with a business problem solving approach and delivering large scale projects
- Focus on process excellence and continuous improvement through collaboration across business banking
- Compliance with group wide policies and delivery protocols
- Assess business opportunities and providing commercial advice and input
- Supporting the business with ad-hoc financial analysis and decision support
- Ensure integrity, timeliness of financial data and reconciliation to supporting systems
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives to the reporting, planning and analysis
- Analysis of business drivers including revenue, costs, FTE’s, asset and liability growth, ROTE and PACC
- Using and building reporting using BI tools
- Capital analysis
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably finance/commerce
- Completion of post graduate qualification, CA /CPA or equivalent is desirable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Financial Services environment
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- High degree of problem solving and analytical ability with a close attention to detail
- SQL, Alteryx and Tableau (BI/MI tools) experience an advantage
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 06/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.