Analyst/Senior Analyst - Climate Strategy & Financed Emissions
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
The Commonwealth Bank is committed to playing a leadership role in Australia’s transition to net zero emissions. The Climate Strategy & Commitments team defines how we fulfill this goal, and works across the Bank to deliver it. The team sits within Financial Services (FS) and collaborates closely with senior leaders across the Bank.
As an Analyst / Senior Analyst– Climate Strategy & Financed Emissions, you will be accountable for performing analysis to support the bank’s climate strategy and commitments with respect to financed emissions and natural capital. You will provide climate and analytical expertise to contribute to the development of climate metrics, targets and strategies in line with the Bank’s commitments. You will maintain strong connections with climate experts across the Bank.
As a trusted advisor you will partner closely with business, finance and risk teams to guide decision making and drive the implementation of the Bank’s climate strategy.
Do work that matters
- Providing analysis and recommendations to support continuous improvement to the scope, coverage and automation of our financed emissions and other climate related reporting (e.g. natural capital).
- Research and development of relevant methodologies and estimation techniques for financed emissions and other climate reporting, in line with emerging standards and frameworks such as PCAF (Partnership of Carbon Accounting Financials) and TNFD (Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures).
- Analysing a range of climate-related metrics and providing clear insights to senior management and business stakeholders.
- Designing and implementing broad climate-related analytical processes to support delivery of climate-related reporting and metrics.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have one of more of the following
- Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills and ability to explain complex concepts in simple language.
- Demonstrated Analytics, modelling and/or visualisation experience (e.g. Python, SQL, Excel, Tableau, Alteryx or equivalent).
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. finance, science or engineering).
- An understanding of current frameworks and guidance on climate (including greenhouse gas emissions and natural capital) and implications for financial institutions is desired but not mandatory.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 05/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.