Senior Accountant, Regional Finance
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
This role, within the Financial Control department will work on Financial and Tax Accounting of the Japan Entity.
As the Senior Accountant, you will have strong Financial Accounting knowledge and knowledge of the local regulatory environment. You will be able to perform preparation of monthly accounts, Financial statements, General Ledger maintenance and tax related activities.
The role reports to the Finance Manager based in Hong Kong, and will be working closely with the Finance Manager to maintain the financial control, ensuring that the P&L and Balance Sheet is reconciled on a regular basis, as well as other business and system projects as required.
What will you do
- Maintenance of the accounting records, oversight of the financial statements & balance sheet reconciliations for Japan entity.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Financial Reporting standards of USGAAP and local GAAP.
- Responsibility for change management, interpretation, implementation of new accounting standards as prescribed under local GAAP and U.S. GAAP
- Preparation of General Purpose Financial Reports under local GAAP
- Ownership of tax accounting and interact with tax firm and file corporate mandatory tax return;
- Oversee an offshore team that includes task management, priorities, knowledge sharing and development
- Main Point of contact for Internal and External audits requirements relating to the financial statements
- Responsible for annual review and documentation of all accounting processes
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives across reporting processes and solutions
- Respond to information and data requests from relevant committees and other Business Partners
- Play a lead role in implementing Japan Finance related projects to help improve our financial reporting processes.
- Proven experience working in a similar role, preferably in a financial services environment
- Qualified CA, CPA or equivalent preferred
- In-depth knowledge of local and international Accounting standards
- Communication and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and apply accounting standards
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of Hyperion Financial Management and PeopleSoft (GL) systems would be advantageous
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
In Japan, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes paid volunteer days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution - Click here to check out our company accolades!