We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
The Client Accountant role supports more complex tasks in the daily bookkeeping procedures. Responsible for posting transactions in Accounting system which do not require Senior level supervision. The role holder will review drafts prepared by Assistants and Administrators, suggesting amendments as required. The role holder will be required to prepare management accounts, financial statements and filings (like CBI and tax filings) under review and supervision of their team’s supervisor and/or manager. Answers basic queries from clients and provide them with the requested documentation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the timely completeness and accuracy of the accounting records while using the appropriate functionalities of the mandated systems.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation of primary accounting documents, accounting statements and reports required by the client including management accounts (periodic and annual) and roll-forward financial statements (IFRS and Irish GAAP)
- Responsible for meeting the indicated deadlines for each allocated client
- Responsible for preparing all compliance related filings (like CBI and tax filings)
- Executes primary documents in accordance with accounting for fixed assets, inventory items, settlements with customers
- Some day-to-day contact for clients under the guidance of the team’s supervisor/manager.
- Responsible for the accurate booking of all journal entries and accounting documents into the general ledger for allocated clients (depreciation, prepayments, re-evaluations)
- Reviews accounting entries processed by assistants & administrators. Processes other entries, such as accruals, depreciation, re-valuation and any other needed for a complete financial closure
- Assists in the maintenance of the chart of accounts, sub-ledger accounts and other accounting application configurations
- Identifies out-of-scope service and providing respective information to the team leader/manager
- Maintains contact with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, notaries and other involved parties to obtain the required information for reporting purposes and deal with queries and follow up
- Keeps up to date with changes in local accounting and tax legislation
- Degree holder in Accountancy or business related disciplines
- Candidate with similar previous experience
- Resourceful, independent and strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan ahead and organise themselves
- Analytical structured mind set with ability to follow and build upon existing processes and ensure data is maintained with accuracy and consistency
- Fluency in English is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word is essential, with experience of local accounting system desirable
Applications close: 22 Dec 2022 GMT Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.